Explore the town of Santa Margherita Ligure, which was colonized by various groups, such as the Romans, Saracens and Napoleonic Domination. Learn about Margherita becoming apart of the Kingdom of Italy. Visit Portofino to learn about the Roman colonization that’s recognized for having a large inhabited are of dolphins.
Santa Margherita..The presence of a Roman settlement has not been definitely proven. The burgh, known asPescino, was devastated by Rothari in 641 and by the Saracens in the 10th century. Later it was a fief of the Fieschi family until 1229, when it was acquired by the Republic of Genoa. In 1432 it was attacked by the fleet of Venice and in 1549, together by Rapallo, by that of Turgut. In 1813, under the Napoleonic domination, the two burghs of Pescino and Corte were unified as Porto Napoleone. Two years later it was annexed to the Kingdom of Sardinia as the commune of Santa Margherita Ligure. In 1861 it became part of the newly unified Kingdom of Italy. Connected by rail in the 20th century, Santa Margherita became a renowned tourist resort afterWorld War II.
P.N.: all services provided are customizable according your needs. The pick up and drop off time can be change according the arrival and departure time of the ship.
- Meeting Point at Carrara Port: Customers will be met by a Tuscany Taste Tour’s representative holding up a sign with the customer’s name. Take the free shuttle bus you will find under the ship to the waiting area for private car service located outside the port.
- Our drivers are NOT OFFICIAL LICENCE GUIDES and they can give you commentaries of the sites seen from inside the vehicle. We are professional speaking drivers but are not allowed, by an agreement with Labour Union, to enter museums, churches and other monuments.
- Dresses: Please dress respectfully for visiting religious monuments, local custom requires cover knees and shoulder. Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Wheel Chair Accessible : Our Mercedes Van has room for wheel chair or collapse mobility scooter , but our Van are NOT equipped by ramp to enter inside the van by wheel chair.
- The vehicle will escort you for the entire service. Walking is limited unlike bus tour where you have to walk the whole day.
- 9 a.m. Pick up from Carrara port;
- on arrival to Rapallo, we will drive to Santa Margherita Ligure, charming fishing village along the coastline;
- Stop on the top of the hill for taking pic of the breathtaking view of Portofino ;
- Strolling around the charming town full of the elegant stores, beautiful church! ;
- we will drive to Portofino passing along the coast line.
- Drop off “La Piazzetta” glamour symbol” of Portifino;
- Departure to Carrara;
- 5 p.m Drop off at the ship;